We know that literacy is one of the big underlying problem for many of our school learners. This programme is aimed at developing a love for reading, books and stories. Through creating a culture of enjoyment to read we support literacy programmes and will be improving children’s ability to read. Simply put – we support reading clubs, because we believe it’s the best way to improve reading and writing skills.
- To promote a love for reading, literature and creative writing
- To expose learners to various texts and possible careers in writing and editing
- Story telling
- Creative writing
- Create a love for reading amongst children through interactive reading and storytelling activities
- Assist children with basic building blocks for age appropriate reading and storytelling activities
- Encourage and promote reading for enjoyment to be implemented at school and within the home
At the end of the day, there are really endless benefits of joining the reading club. They encourage teamwork, foster a child’s ability to listen and react, create a sense of community around books – and so, so much more. We are so excited to have added the Sifundakunye Community Reading Club to our schedule, and hope to welcome more kids to a group very soon.
We would also like to welcome this very enthusiastic group of new facilitators to our reading club family. This years is very interesting as we have boys also as facilitators, and believe me when I say they are very happy about being in the club and they have been a breath of fresh air since they joined.
We hope for nothing but good things this year.